born abt 1936 Germany
died 1908 Orillia, ON, Canada
I have found several family trees online with data about Francis Hitzner; none of them make a connection to records in Germany. My work can be found at WeRelate; including the following:
- 19 Sep 1859 Roman Catholic Marriage in Oshawa, ON, Canada FamilySearch
Groom: Francis Hitzner, born Dencam (Germany);
son of William Hitzner and Mary Aforsperager.
Bride: Mary Flynn, born Tipperary;
dau of Rody Flynn and Helen Kelly.
- 1901 Canada Census, Ontario, Simcoe, Medonte ArchivesCanada
Heitzner Frank, M, Head, born 2-Feb-1836 Germany, age 65
- 30 Aug 1908 Obituary in Orillia, ON, Canada
PRICE'S CORNER - Death has removed an old settler in the person of Mr. F. Hitzner who died at the Orillia Hospital, on August 14th. Mr. Hitzner was born at Hamburg-on-the-Rhine, Germany, in 1836. He emigrated to Buffalo, U.S., when he was 18 years of age, remaining one year; afterwards removing to Mara, where he married Miss Mary Flynn, of Oshawa, in 1860.
- Weisenheim am Sand, Pfalz, Bavaria
Birth Date: 03 Feb 1835
Christening: 04 Feb 1835
Father: Wilhelmi Hitzner
Mother: Annae Mariae Habersberger
* When was Francis born? Canada Census returns are not known for the accuracy; earlier census returns do not include birthdate.
* Mother's maiden name? In German records; her surname is spelled Happersgerger, Habersperger, Haggersberger, Hapersberger, Habersberger - is Aforsperager really so different?
I searched the internet for other prior work on this family in Germany; but found nothing; so I created Geneanet.org
Prior work may have helped to answer these questions:
- 1. Do any records exist in Germany that confirm Francis left for North America?
- 2. Do any records exist in Germany that indicate Francis either married or died in Germany and I need to find another connection?