Responder

Lossouarn/Guyader

nicole13ann
nicole13ann
Introducción: Gráfico
Navegación: Gráfico
Ver su árbol genealógico
Bonjour!
I am at a roadblock! I cannot find any info on my grandparents parents. They are listed as Marie LOSSOUARN and Guillaume GUYADER. Their son my grandfather is Mathieu Guyader born 11/9/1944 From Kernevel, Finistère. Any info on how to get to the next step would be greatly appreciated! Feel free to email me at [email protected]. The community has been awesome!
zanzigirl
zanzigirl
Volunteer moderator
Hi Nicole,

As you were told on Ancestry, there are no online records for this town, yet Soosi managed to find their marriage date and their parents' names. What you can do is ask for a copy of the record to this association (you can only ask for 8 documents per month):

http://www.francegenweb.org/entraide/egwformu_eng.php?dep=29

Note: the birthdate you're giving for Mathieu is wrong, it's 12 October 1883 ;)

Claudine
Modératrice bénévole sans lien de subordination avec Geneanet / Volunteer moderator with no subordination to Geneanet.
orange38
orange38
Good Morning
Some information
Extract from pages of the census of Kernevel for the years 1891 and 1896
They give the exact composition of the family at that date and the ages. Findings:
1. The ages for your ancestor Mathieu is 7 and 13, therefore born in 1883 or 1884. this confirms the reply from zanzigirl
2. The name of the mother is Marie Renée LOUCHOUARN, 44 y/o in 1891 therefore born around 1847; she is not mentioned in 1896 --> it is likely she died between 1891 and 1896. (on geneanet it is written 1895, To be confirmed)
From the age of Mathieu (1883), I looked at the military service census and found his files. (attached)
1. He was exempted due to bone fragility (Osteite chronique),
2. in 1903 he lived in Melgven, now part of the town of Rospoden, Finistère France
3. The exemption is renewed in 1914 and later on the 10th April 1917 at the french Consulate of New-York. (medical explanations are mentioned)
4. therefore he immigrated to US between 1904 and 1917.
5. His birth date in confirmed on the 12th October 1883
From another geneanet member, one can find that the parents GUYADER Guillaume and LOUCHOUARN Marie Renée, had their wedding in 1875 in Kernevel. The parents of the bride are mentioned :
* Jean Marie LOUCHOUARN, Deceased 19 October 1874 (Monday) - Kernevel - 29140
* Renée LANCIEN
Then you have good clues for better finding; you can ask the mairie of Kernevel for the
* Birth certificate of your GF on 12th October 1883
* Wedding certificate of your GGparents in 1875
Regards
Enjoy your search
Orange38
Adjuntos
census of Kernevel in 1891
census of Kernevel in 1891
census of Kernevel in 1896
census of Kernevel in 1896
Military file of GUYADER Mathieu, showing his situation health, and living places; confusion about the mother's name
Military file of GUYADER Mathieu, showing his situation health, and living places; confusion about the mother's name
Military census in 1903, informing about the file number
Military census in 1903, informing about the file number
nicole13ann
nicole13ann
Ver su árbol genealógico
Merci Beaucoup!

I appreciate everyone's research and help. It is very difficult to try and translate from French to English. Even down to the cursive writing.

I will now request documents, thank you for pointing me in that direction.

Have a great day!
orange38
orange38
Good evening Nicole
Three of the documents are only list of names
* The two census show the forenames the ages and the children
* The military list show the name and the "Numero matricule", ie the number for military registration.
Only the "Fiche matricule" gives detailed information.
---> do you need a translation of this document?
Regards
Orange38
nicole13ann
nicole13ann
Ver su árbol genealógico
Thank you again for all of your help. I appreciate the Census. I am having difficulty seeing the sibling's. In my research I have not found any. It is confusing how some documents are "le Guyader" and some "Guyader". Since I am new to this I am trying to find my way :) I see how many names are common in the area. I switched to this site from Ancestry due to my French searches alone.

If there Is any way maybe you could email them to me? [email protected]. I have requested the documents today.

I have no one to ask of my ancestry as my Dad passed :(. My Daughter visited France in April, and it has renewed my search to know his side of the family.

I appreciate all of the translations!
orange38
orange38
dear Nicole
I replied to your personal mail
regards
orange38
Responder

Volver a “France”