Responder

Researching Edouard PENNINCKX and Victorine ELIOT

If you need help with your family history research then post your question here.
katehackier19
female
Hi, Hoping for help in researching Edouard PENNINCKX and Victorine ELIOT.

I'm looking for their birth, death and marriage certificates/info. Victorine was born in 1898 in Rouen and moved to Belgium at some stage. I don't know her parents names.

They had two daughters, Antoinette Marcel Maedline Penninckx (1918-2005) and Jacqueline Penninckx, and one son Serge Penninckx (1930-?). Antoinette was born in Rouen, France. I'm not sure where Jacqueline and Serge were born.

Edouard was apparently born in Ireland (told to me by my mother in law). I have found an Emigration record for Edouard during the war but doesn't give much info (link is.https://www.filae.com/v4/genealogie/Search.mvc/SearchForm?ln=Penninckx&ay=1900&idf=True&tab=0&nf=0&ef=0;1;2;3;4;5;6;7;8;9&mp=False&yf=0&pf=0&cpf=0&dpf=0&img=False&src=False&hka=False&rf=0&ord=0&srt=2&ps=20&pi=3&mz=0&hmtr=False).

Any help on how I can find some of these records would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Kate
chmidelear
male
Introducción: Gráfico
Navegación: Gráfico
Ver su árbol genealógico
Hello,

I've checked the tables of birth from ROUEN : a lot of ELIOT but no Victorine born in 1898

Christian
katehackier19
female
Thanks Christian. Would you be able to check for a birth certificate for Antoinette Marcel Madeline PENNINCKX? Might need to go back a step and check her parents names on the cert.
Thank you!
chmidelear
male
Ver su árbol genealógico
Hi again

Nothing to do about that : the birthrecord (1918) is not online and protected by french privacy laws.

Someone (giving a proof of her/his familylink) should ask for a copy at Rouen's townhall.

Sorry...
katehackier19
female
Please don’t be sorry - that’s a great help for me to understand how I can access the records (or not). Thankyou!
chmidelear
male
Ver su árbol genealógico
I'll check if i'm right when saying you need to give a proof of the familylink...

I'm belgian, not french and both laws are not exactly the same

More info tomorrow

NB : i hope you know the day and month of the birth

Christian
katehackier19
female
Thanks! We live in Australia so I’m relying solely on research online.

My husbands parents were both born in Belgium came out here in the 1970s. My mother-in-law’s Mum was born in France - her Grandfather born in Ireland apparently! So I’m keen to find out more about thier ancestry.

I believe Antoinette was born 18 May 1918. Her mother, Victorine I think born 1898 & father Edouard born 1900. So I’ve been told.

Thanks again.

Kind regards
Kate.
chmidelear
male
Ver su árbol genealógico
Hello,

Good news : according to the french law, records can be given to anyone if those records date back from more than 75 years.

I'll try to ask for it by using a french genealogical association (it's free) : i'll be better than leaving you alone struggling with the french language … and administration :o

I'll keep you informed.

Christian
edwardn
edwardn
Navegación: Texto
Ver su árbol genealógico
Hi,
Starting April 1th, 2019 more records in Belgium will be available.
Death certificates: 50 years ago.
Marriages: 75 years ago
Birth certificates: 100 years ago.
Don't know when we can access these records online. Hopefully very soon.
As you mentioned in your first message the couple has moved somewhere in time to Belgium so maybe this can help in the near future.
Between 1914 and 1918 and later on many families moved to find some safety or relief.
I happened to find totally by coincidence two of my grandma's brothers/soldiers in the records of the Red Cross. They were injured in Flanders 1917, moved to a hospital in Calais, France and some weeks afterwards evacuated to Brittany and Normandy in NW France.

Good luck,

Edward
Adjuntos
Franciscus Verdonschot 1892 steekkaart rode kruis  14-18.jpg
chmidelear
male
Ver su árbol genealógico
Hello again,

I've checked the tables of birth from the little towns that make part of ROUEN and i've found what we were looking for :

Victorine Justine ELIOT was born in LE PETIT QUEVILLY on the 19th of january 1895 (see the birth record here under)

Her parents are : Marcel Gaston ELIOT - 24 years old - painter and Eugénie Emmelie HAZARD - 19 years old - lingère (linen maid ?)

The parents married 19/03/1894 in ROUEN

In the margin of the record, you can read : " married in ROUEN 25/07/1917 with Edouard PENNINCKX"

Christian
Eliot Victorine.jpg
chmidelear
male
Ver su árbol genealógico
Hi !

I just received antoinette’s birth record.

Next step : the marriage PENNINCKX/ELIOT ( I asked for it) that will give us Edouard’s birthplace and parents

Christian
katehackier19
female
Could you please send me Antoinette’s birth record?
Responder

Volver a “Family History Searches”