Coutanche

annrichardson
female
Introducción: Gráfico
Navegación: Gráfico
Ver su árbol genealógico

Coutanche

Mensaje por annrichardson »

Hi my name is Ann I am trying to trace the Coutanche Family who lived in Liverpool from 1906
I have got as far as my grandfather who's name was Philip Coutanche and my Grandmothers name was Mary
zoe4
female

Re: Coutanche

Mensaje por zoe4 »

Please give more details.
When were they born and where ? what do you know about them after Liverpool? etc.
annrichardson
female
Introducción: Gráfico
Navegación: Gráfico
Ver su árbol genealógico

Mensaje por annrichardson »

Hi Zoe4
I have no further information as i was raised by foster parents the only other thing i do know is my grandfather was born in Jersey
zoe4
female

Mensaje por zoe4 »

Hello Ann,
Could you at least try to calculate an approximation of when Philippe/Philip Coutanche was born in Jersey.
It depends on your age... I am old and my own grand-parents were born around 1880-1895. I have no idea if you are young or old, but I can try to find that birth in Jersey.

I found a Philip Coutanche marrying in Liverpool district in autumn 1906. The index (on www.freebmd.org.uk that you can search for free up to 1983) name all the people on the page which has only 2 marriages, therefore 4 people , so his wife is either Mary O'Brien or Elizabeth Williams. If you know your grand-mother was Mary, then it COULD be them.
On the 1911 census, there is a Philip Coutanche aged 27 (= born around 1884) but born in Liverpool. However his father John is born in Jersey... The first child is called Mary aged 4, which corresponds well with a marriage in 1906..
Curiously this Philip is married with 4 kids but his wife (surname O'Brien for the twins Ruby and Delia, according to another official website) is not there that census night. I am trying to attach image. Let me know if it is readable. The twins died later in 1911.
Adjuntos
one Coutanche family in 1911.jpg
Responder

Volver a “United Kingdom”