Responder

INFORMATION ON A CHARLOTTE "LOTTIE" MANSON BORN FEB 29 1897 ~ CANNIS BAY ~ WICK

indiana59
female
Hi

I am looking for information on my great gran mother a Charlotte Manson born 29th Feb 1897 ~ Cannis Bay ~ Caithness ~ Scotland . . .

I have her father and mother ~ James Manson and a Hellen Matheson Manson ~ but when directed to Charlotte's birth certificate off Scotland's People it comes up as Janet Manson ~ Any help in this matter would be gratefully appreciated . . .

Charlotte moved to Edinburgh met her husband a Thomas Purves Johnston where they married in Berwick in 1918 . . .

They had 3 children but as one is marked up as before their marriage was there a possibility that Thomas was married before . . . ?

The 2nd child was my gran mother Eleanor Manson Johnston who married my gran father Donald Shaw . . . 

My gran mother born Edinburgh ~ my gran dad Aberdeen . . .

The 3rd was a Janet Johnston who died at the age of appox 1 and a half years . . .

Charlotte died aged just 26 in 1924 with her infant child Janet dying later in the same year . . .

Charlotte died in Edinburgh but was buried in Wick . . .

My gran ma had relatives in the Ashington of Northumberland ~ uncles I think as they were Manson's . . .

Both my gran mother and gran father died in Ashington . . .

So I am looking for information on the Manson's also from Ashington who had a grand father possible an Angus Manson . . .

Kind regards to all . . .

fionaml1
female
You have tried looking for her in the 1901 or 1910 census papers for Canisbay, CAI ?
elwynsoutter
male
The index for Charlotte’s birth on Scotlandspeople shows her name as Charlotte. If the actual birth certificate says Janet then that suggests either a clerical mistake or that a correction took place to alter her name. If you view the full certificate on Scotlandspeople then it may refer you to the Register of Corrected Entries (RCE) and that may explain the discrepancy.

The 1918 marriage certificate should show whether Thomas had been married before. (Marriage registered in Berwick Jan – Mar 1918 Volume 10b page 867).
Responder

Volver a “United Kingdom”